Beginner - Nordic blading pole length

Beginner - Nordic blading pole length

Hello,

I'm an average skater and I would like to try nordic blading.
      I already own triskates with 11cm wheels.

What pole length and type would you recommend to me? I'm 176 cm and around 74 kg.
      In near future i plan to get some offroad trainers or maybe some off-road skates.

Br,
      Goran
      Hello Gogo

To be honest: none!... as long as you use your Inliners. My recommendation would be to start Nordic Cross Skating now... with Cross-Skates!

Poles only make real sense in combination with air tires which run slower than PU-wheels and thus the point your tips stick in the ground won’t be passed too fast. Otherwise you can’t generate relevant acceleration by pushing because the time the tips are on the ground is too short. The best conditions are given on speed-reducing off-road ways (certainly on Cross-Skates), where the support by the poles has the best effect in terms of fitness and getting ahead.

Nordic Blading on speedy PU-wheels only increases the speed a little but without the benefit of holistic fitness... and it increases the risk of process trouble for Beginners due to the rapid movements, the coordination of skating and pole-push and... the low effect of the pole-push (minor counter-pressure from the ground).

Moreover it is highly recommended to learn Nordic Skating by joining a course with a coach – in order to be safe in practicing these coordinated high-level-movements and having fun with this sport. At this opportunity the Trainer would also advice you regarding hardware... like poles and the length!

Good luck!
      Servus
      Hubert
      kNightSkater
      nix muaß - ois ko'
      Hi Gogo

For sure! Cross-Inliners like Powerslide’s SUV Skates are Cross-Skates as well, as you can see on our (old) survey on the right side – no matter if 2 or 3 wheels!
      As you may have seen on my avatar picture I prefer Cross-Inliners for Nordic Skating on natural soil… on 8” /200mm tires. But also on asphalt you can have fun with Cross-Inliners… therefor I recommend the small 5” / 125mm wheels on Powerslide’s SUV “Next Renegade” (formerly Metropolis/Imperial/Virus… each with 5” air tires). Cross-Inliners with 6” / 150mm make sense if you want to skate both terrains: on- and off-road – as an Allrounder.

Cross-Inliners are a good choice – in my opinion! :thumbup:
      So one hint regarding the length of the poles: they have to be longer if you stand above the wheels... than between it!

Servus
      Hubert
      kNightSkater
      nix muaß - ois ko'