Adjustments near break and behind calves

Adjustments near break and behind calves

Hi! I am struggling with the adjustments just above the break mechanism and behind the calves on the skike. The issue is that these are slipping and start moving to wrong position - particularly annoying on the break mechanisms.

Has anyone experienced the same, and have you found some nice workarounds?

I ask myself how many need all the flexibility that these adjustment-"slides" (I don't know the proper word in English) are giving... In my opinion 3-5 holes could have served well to solve the adjustments needs....

Medhu
      Hi Medhu
      I have never experienced the same issue as you are describeing, just everything works fine up to now. However all the screws and nuts are blocked by lock washers (hope thats the right word :rolleyes: ) I think this makes the difference.
      Cheers
      Stephan
      Hi Medhu,

it doesn't really make sense to repair the tubes. Due to the high pressure they should be "perfect".
      You should try to find out why you had the two flat tubes. If they are near the valve you should smoothen the edge on the rim. It may have just been bad luck and you hit a nail or whatsoever, then you can't do much about it. But another frequent reason is the fact that the pressure is not high enough. Don't hesitate to go on high pressures. 7 bar are fine on smooth surfaces and okay on gravel.

Have fun rolling without further flats!
      Sigrid

Medhu schrieb:

.. I have now broken two inner tubes for the skike wheels - is it of any use to try to repair these inner tubes (just small holes really)

Medhu
      I have never had broken a inner tube, except one, but this one realy explosed. I have also never read in the forum that somebody repairs them. I know that the inner tube valve fitting is very sensitive to move around, this you can realise when the valve leaves its original place, then you have to react and put it back to its right place. I hope this was understandable.
      Cheers
      Stephan
      Hi Medhu,

as I just learned from another forum member (via PM) you can repair your inner tube. There is no problem about the pressure and thus there is no extra risk. The thin patches (custom-made ones) fit better than the thicker ones that you cut yourself. You can even cut the thin ones such that they fit your little holes.
      Sorry about the wrong information I gave you previously. So far I didn't know anyone who repaired tubes. However, in regions with needle-like gravel you may experience flat tires very frequently and there it also makes sense to repair the tires.

Good luck with your repair work!
      Sigrid

Medhu schrieb:

... is it of any use to try to repair these inner tubes (just small holes really) ?

Why not? Since the tubes are made of standard Butyl you can use the same patch kit you would use to fix a bicycle tube, I would suggest to use the smaller patches made for high pressure road tires.

Ciao
      Wolfgang

PS: Ooops, after sending out this answer I see that Sigrid has answered while I was typing :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „wmenn“ () aus folgendem Grund: PS